Finally, after much requests for me to update or publish a food related blog post, today is eventually the day.
Pancakes are really great substitutes for a fast breakfast or a light dinner. What makes it even better is that you can still enjoy the healthy version of pancakes by getting creative with the batter and ingredients. Hence, enjoying that same fluffy and tender texture.
Healthy Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
Coconut in itself is highly rich in fiber and very nutritious. So, the decision to make this Healthy Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes was fast tracked as I wanted something really nourishing and delicious. Literally, this was prepared around evening/night when I got hungry but still wanted to avoid a heavy dinner.
It is safe to say that they are quite delicate as they can burn really quickly. So, they require extra attention.
- 4 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of apple flavored plain yogurt (in substitute with milk). Feel free to use almond milk or any type of healthy milk you have.
- 2 Tbsp coconut water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (feel free to substitute this with any other healthy oil you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- First, melt your coconut oil if it’s in solid form and set aside to cool.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle on medium heat.
- Mix all wet ingredients together with a blender or in a large bowl. Avoid too much mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients together.
- Then gently add the dry mixture into the wet batter until well combined to avoid any lumps.
- Add coconut oil to grease the surface of the non-stick pan or griddle.
- Use a measuring cup to scoop the mixture neatly. I used 1/4 measuring cup because that was the perfect size I was aiming for. But, use any measuring cup size of your choice. Make sure they are all in uniform.
- Cook approximately 2-3 minutes on one side until you see bubbles forming on top and then flip to the other side. Coconut pancake cooks a bit longer than regular pancakes. Patience is very important.
- Top with honey (I actually love honey). Use any toppings of your choice.
- Enjoy your Healthy Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes!
Seksan Giveaway: WIN A PACK OF COCONUT FLOUR (300g)
This will be the second giveaway I will be doing. Check the first here.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is not SPONSORED!
Terms and Condition
- This is only suitable for anyone in Lagos, Ibadan or Abeokuta (Nigeria).
- The winner will bear the cost of delivery OR pick it up from a specified location.
- Please ensure you follow the requirements below to be QUALIFIED!
REQUIREMENTS: How to WIN
- Briefly, explain in the comment section “Why you need the Coconut Flour”
- You must be following Sekinat Sanni on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Share this post with your friends and convince at least “5” of them to subscribe to Sekinat.Sanni Blog.
- The winner will be RANDOMLY picked on 15th August 2017.
Until my next post, Thank you.
Love, Sekinat Sanni.