Wondering what the hype is for Social Media Week Lagos 2018! Well, it is basically a conference.
One that affords inspiring creatives the opportuning to BE MORE in the world we are today. The SMWLAGOS2018 is literally scheduled to hold from February 26th to March 2nd, 2018. That is a week of mind-blowing experience.
With my interest in involving myself more in the community; I felt this is another great opportunity. Trust me, when I got to know about the SMWLAGOS2018; I didn’t hesitate to register (plus it is totally FREE).
Let us dive straight into the top lessons learnt from SMWLAGOS2018 DAY 1 sessions (26-02-2018);
- Choose what you focus your energy on: A “5-Day Meditation Challenge” will run at the SMWLAGOS2018.This will be facilitated by Baingor Joiner, a Yoga and Meditation Teacher. For the first day; She stressed on the power of choosing what we focus our energy on. This was complemented by an interval “BREATHE-IN EXERCISE”. We were asked to switch off all external noises. Simply because they had music on and squeaking sound from the door.
I learnt that despite how things could get very noisy and overwhelming from the outside; we still have the power of CHOICE. As such, everybody needs to emulate the habit of letting go of unnecessary tension. Because this will ensure that you don’t get carried away.
Therefore, your “NOW” becomes more prioritized. As you start becoming a lot present and awake in your surroundings.
- Content isn’t about you but your community: This is literally for all content creators. As it was about “Creating Opportunities to Earn Profitability Through Your Content”. Dimma Umeh (Blogger and Vlogger), Lateefah Adesanya (Founder, THAT 1960 CHICK) and Elizabeth Osho (Head Strategist, SO ME SOLUTIONS, NIGERIA) facilitated the session.
– BE REAL! In as much as you want to leverage on the online community; then you must ensure that you are very relatable. Frankly, creating contents can be very overwhelming. Especially when it seems like all ideas are outdated already. However, when you are real, getting involved in the process won’t be so hard. In fact, your audience will engage by sharing post ideas, reliable feedbacks and more. This way you stay creating irreplaceable value as well.
– FIND YOUR UNIQUE WEAPON! Who are you trying to attract exactly? Because this will assist your brand structure in the long run. Not only that, you get to develop tribes that are loyal to your unwavering essence.
They advised that all content creators should strive to BRAND FROM THEIR SOUL.
- Embrace who you are! Honestly, I feel nobody can express enough how powerful self love is. However, I think the change we are desperately wishing for actually starts from us respectively.
Social media shouldn’t be a tool to develop self hatred and low esteem. But rather, it should even contribute to reflecting about your growth. As well as learning new things about yourself.
We can all do better with the way we regard ourselves. By being very mindful of the things we feed our mind. Instead, make it paramount to celebrate who you are, your journey and purpose.
This session was on “Social Media, Body Image, and Confidence in Nigeria”. It was facilitated by Latasha Ngwube (Founder of ABOUTHATCURVYLIFE), Uche Uba (Fashion Designer, VCHE) and Omotunde Adebowale David (Presenter Wazobia FM).
About 8 ways of earning profit from content creation was shared during the SMWLAGOS2018.
But, I really don’t want this post to be too long. Should I make another post for this specifically? Thank you.
Love, Sekinat Sanni.